Services for local authorities
“A nationally recognised centre of excellence for therapeutic adoption and adoption support services…Children and their families receive holisitic care of exceptional quality, which results in excellent experiences, outcomes and progress.” Ofsted 2018
Family Futures is an Ofsted Outstanding Adoption Agency with a national catchment area. Our multidisciplinary team of 35 staff offer assessment, therapy and support services to adoptive, special guardianship and foster families. We can provide you with a tier 4 CAMHS equivalent service for your families.
Our services for Local Authorities will help:
- increase the quality of substitute care
- enhance placement stability
- reduce disruptions
- improve Ofsted ratings
A research-validated therapy programme
Our therapy programme – Neuro-Physiological Psychotherapy (NPP) – has been independently reviewed and had research papers published showing the significant positive developmental change in children participating in the programme (McCullough et al, 2016).
A second phase of our re-testing research (accepted for publication in 2019), has revealed that the control group of children who were assessed but did not receive treatment at Family Futures, largely due to non-availability of funding, did not show the same level of improvement.
In fact, many problems reported at assessment were still present at re-test which had wider implications on their relationships, education, outcomes, mental health and involvement in the criminal justice system.
Find out more about our assessment and treatment programme here.
Our training and consultation programme for professionals and parents
Our evidence-based practice now informs our comprehensive training programme and consultation service for local authorities.
Our training covers the following areas:
- Assessing the impact of neglect and abuse on a child’s development and the implications for placement needs
- Considering whether siblings should be placed together or separately
- Ensuring contact with birth relatives is in the child’s best interest
- Assessing prospective adoptive parents and Special Guardians
- Therapeutic parenting for adoptive parents, foster carers and Special Guardians
- Life Story Work for children in permanency placements
- Different therapies and therapeutic approaches
- Adoption support plans and post-placement support
We can provide a consultation service for staff who have completed this training.
See our Cost-effective Post-Placement Support leaflet for more information about our services for local authorities.
Click here to read our information leaflet.
“Given the complexity of the needs presented, the agency is a strong catalyst for achieving, enabling and promoting stability of placements.”