Helping families heal
Who we’re looking for
At Family Futures our staff are our best asset. We recruit people who have a passion for working with people and are experts in what they do.
We look for people who want to be part of a service that is innovative, creative and constantly striving to do better. If this sounds like you and you want to join our team to deliver this service, we’d love to hear from you.
See our current opportunities here
What we’re about
We are a small, not-for-profit organisation but our work has a huge impact on the lives of the children and families we work with. Recognising our staff give their best, we offer great Employee benefits, an inquiring learning culture and a strong sense of togetherness.
See what our staff say about working here.
We celebrate birthdays and achievements and we meet regularly to share information and ideas, with training and a bring-a-dish lunch being an important part of our monthly team meetings. Recognising that our work here can be demanding, we encourage the health and wellbeing of our staff with free yoga, sessions in mindfulness and somatic experiencing and free daily lunch.
This is just a glimpse of what we offer and why we think Family Futures is a great place to work.
Could you join our team?
Senior Psychological Therapist
Family Futures is a Voluntary Adoption Agency specialising in providing multi-disciplinary assessments and treatment to traumatised children. We were awarded an outstanding rating for our last three inspections by OFSTED including our most recent inspection in 2018. We have a reputation for innovation and offer a high quality service – an integrated multi-disciplinary, assessment, treatment and family-finding service for children who are traumatised or have attachment difficulties.
We are looking for an experienced psychological therapist (e.g. psychotherapist, clinical psychologist, creative arts psychotherapist) with extensive therapeutic experience to work at senior therapist level within our therapy team. Experience or an interest in developing and gaining accreditation in Theraplay or Dyadic Developmental Psychotherapy would be important. We are looking for someone:
• who has experience of working with children and families in a therapeutic setting, preferably in the field of fostering and adoption
• who has an understanding of Family Futures Neuro Physiological Psychotherapy (NPP) approach to the treatment of developmentally traumatised children
• who is parent-positive and child friendly
• who wishes to develop their therapeutic skills in working with children, parents and families
• who would enjoy working as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
This is an exciting and challenging role and a wonderful opportunity for someone who wants to be part of a team of professionals who are helping traumatised children and their families based on the most recent neuro-scientific research.
Family Futures is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. The organisation follows safe recruitment practices to protect children and adults at risk of harm, and will require the successful applicant to undertake an Enhanced DBS disclosure.
We are an equal opportunities employer and committed to creating an inclusive and diverse workforce. We encourage applications from suitably qualified applicants regardless of age disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Family Futures offers high-quality supervision and professional development training. We also offer a nurturing environment for staff to work in as we recognise that this is a stressful area of work.
Further information about our post placement multidisciplinary assessment and therapy service, family finding service and professional training programme can be found on our website https://www.familyfutures.co.uk/.In response to Covid 19 we have had to adapt our services, therefore the role is currently largely home-based with some days at our office in Islington.
Should you wish to apply please contact Simran Saini, HR Administrator, on email@example.com or call 020 7354 4161 for an application pack.
Salary: £36, 000 – £41,000 per annum
This is a full-time permanent position – 37.5 hours per week.
Closing date for applications is midnight Sunday 18th October with interviews scheduled to take place on Monday 16th November.
Full Time Permanency Service Team Leader (37.5 hours pw)
- Are you experienced in managing fostering and/or adoption services?
- Are you committed to providing the best quality foster carers and adopters for troubled children?
- Do you want to work in a multi-disciplinary team of skilled professionals to ensure good therapeutic Post Adoption and Fostering support, and to motivate and support other social workers to do so too?
If the answer’s ‘yes’ – get in touch!
Why? Family Futures is:
- An adoption and adoption support agency awarded an outstanding rating by OFSTED in 2018 for our third consecutive inspection.
- Has a reputation for innovation and offering a high-quality service – an integrated multi-disciplinary assessment, treatment and family finding service for adopted and fostered children who often are more challenging to place or to maintain in placement.
- Now developing a therapeutic fostering service to bring our skills and wrap-around support to children in care
As the Permanency Service Team Leader you will be responsible for continuing to develop and support our Adoption Service, be a central part of developing our exciting new Therapeutic Fostering Service and manage the staff within these services to help them maximise and develop their skills and practice.
We Need an energetic experienced manager with a background in permanency services who will lead a small team of social workers in the Permanency Service and carry a small caseload of assessing adopters and foster carers, and post approval support. You will also (for an additional salary element) take a turn at staffing the out of hours support line.
Ideally applicants will have experience of both fostering and adoption. However, given our experience in adoption, it is more essential that the Permanency Team Leader brings experience and knowledge of fostering and is willing to build their skills in adoption.
- High quality support, supervision and training
- The opportunity to work creatively, as a key part of our multi-disciplinary team, in a child-centred way, informed by current research, using a well-evidenced model of understanding the need of children with traumatic histories.
- Small caseloads, meaning you can work in depth with families and support the staff team to do so
- Competitive salary and a supportive working environment, which recognises the stress of this type of work and nurtures staff, enabling staff to grow their skills and gain satisfaction from supporting carers/adopters to become therapeutic parents and children to heal and thrive.
Family Futures is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We expect all staff to share our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and follow safer recruitment practices to protect children and adults at risk of harm, requiring the successful applicant to undertake an enhanced DBS disclosure.
In response to Covid 19 we have had to adapt our services, therefore the role is currently largely home-based with some days at our office in Islington.
For an application pack email Simran Saini, firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7354 4161. This is a permanent position. Salary: £46,000 – £51 000 per annum.
Closing date for applications is midnight Sunday 18th October with interviews scheduled to take place on 23rd November.
Further information about FF services can be found at https://www.familyfutures.co.uk/.