Family Futures is now one of the UK centres for Theraplay training with qualified UK-based trainers who specialise in working with traumatised children and their families. Theraplay is used in the UK and internationally, with around 1,200 professionals attending our training since 2002.
Registrants should have experience using Theraplay in their work before attending Level 2 training; there should be at least three months between Level 1 and Level 2 training so that participants have experience in using Theraplay techniques in their work.
Registrants should have experience using Theraplay in their work before attending this training. Each module will include at least one case presentation. Making a case presentation is not required, but is an option if you would like to receive supervision. Making a case presentation is not required, but is an option for those who would like to receive supervision in the future.
Attending Theraplay Level 2 modules as separate trainings is ideal for those who do not intend to pursue certification. However, completion of all three modules is required for certification.
This module will focus on several examples of MIMs and their interpretation to improve your comfort and skill in administering and interpreting this assessment.
- In-depth application of the core concepts of Theraplay and current relevant research to case material
- Marschak Interaction Method (MIM) by Dimension: an in-depth analysis using case examples
- Observation and analysis of MIM using case material
- The Parent feedback session: preparation and implementation to enhance the therapeutic relationship with caregivers
- Time permitting, you may share one of your complex or interesting MIM’s for group discussion.
- Actual case material will be utilised through video to enhance your learning experience