Theraplay Level 2 25 to 27 November 2020
Family Futures is now one of the UK centres for Theraplay training with qualified UK-based trainers who specialise in working with traumatised children and their families. Theraplay is used in the UK and internationally, with around 1,200 professionals attending our training since 2002.
Registrants should have experience using Theraplay in their work before attending Level 2 training; there should be at least three months between Level 1 and Level 2 training so that participants have experience in using Theraplay techniques in their work. Each of the modules below will include at least one case presentation. Making a case presentation is not required, but is an option for those who would like to receive supervision in the future.
This is a three-day course with three modules.
Module 1: Marschak Interaction Method (MIM) Skill Development
This module will focus on several examples of MIMs to improve your comfort and skills in administering and interpreting this technique. Time permitting, you may share one of your complex or interesting MIMs for group discussion.
Module 2: Building Your Theraplay Skills
This module will improve the breadth of your Theraplay skills set so you can work to a higher level. The training will include lots of practice and a wide range of video examples.
Module 3: Adapting Theraplay to Work with Trauma and Complex Families
If you work with children who have been traumatised, have attachment disorders or complex families, this module will help you sensitively adapt Theraplay to work with this population group. This module will include a UK case history of a child who has been traumatised and an opportunity to practice Theraplay modifications for trauma. Participants will develop and practice a treatment plan for one of their traumatised clients
What skills will you take away?
- How to administer and analyse the MIM at an intermediate skill level
- MIM skills for treatment planning
- How to use a wide range of Theraplay activities and techniques
- How to adapt Theraplay to work with a wider range of populations, such as children with autism and older children
- Strategies for dealing with resistant clients
- Detailed understanding of developmental trauma disorder
- Understanding of modifications to Theraplay to meet the needs of traumatised children
- Understanding of how to determine when to use Theraplay in the course of treatment
- An understanding of how Theraplay can be used in conjunction with other therapies to meet the treatment needs of traumatised children
- An appreciation of how to adapt treatment to meet the needs of parents who may be traumatised
Who should attend?
Psychologists psychiatrists, occupational therapists, social workers, speech and language therapists, counsellors, adoption and post-adoption counsellors, therapists, family therapists, early childhood and developmental specialists, and teachers.
Trainer: Jay Vaughan, M.A., is a Certified Theraplay therapist and supervisor as well as a Theraplay trainer. Jay is also a state registered Dramatherapist, Dyadic Developmental Psychotherapist and Somatic Experience Practitioner. Jay is the Clinical Director at Family Futures CIC and is also the agency’s Responsible Person.
Family Futures CIC
3 & 4 Floral Place
7 - 9 Northampton Grove
London N1 2PL
Course times: 9am - 5pm
Book Your Place
15 in stock