Dan Hughes talks about adoption issues
Running time: 40 minutes
As many of you will know, one of our most successful DVDs has been ‘A Conversation with Dan Hughes’ which was made 10 years ago. As Family Futures is entering its 15th year, we thought it would be timely to look back with Dan on all that we have learnt during that time and to see whether ideas, views and practices had changed during that time. During the interview, these are some of the questions that Dan is asked:
- Is attachment theory still the basis of his therapeutic work?
- What has neuro-science taught us about the impact of trauma on child development?
- Has Dan integrated more work with parents into DDP?
- Can you work with children who are in transition?
- In new placements, should children be kept off school?
- How does sensory integration therapy fit in to DDP?
The DVD last for 40 minutes and is designed really to stimulate discussion about the topics that are raised. We hope this will be a useful addition to agencies stock of training materials.