Trauma & Re-enactment; Contact – through the eyes of a child
Reduced price for this 2 in 1 DVD: £25
Jannie’s Story: Trauma & Re-enactment
This highly acclaimed dramatisation of one child’s experience of being traumatised whilst in the care of her mentally ill and alcoholic birth mother is widely used in training to explore with adoptive parents and carers:
- how it feels to be traumatised
- how this is internalised
- how trauma is re-enacted
The script is based on the lives of many of the children who have come to Family Futures for therapeutic support.
Jannie Goes to Contact: a reconstruction of unsupervised contact and facilitated contact
Designed for use in training sessions with social workers, foster carers, adoptive parents and contact supervisors, the DVD offers a dramatisation of:
- Jannie in foster care meeting her birth mother in unsupervised contact
- Jannie being prepared for facilitated contact by her adoptive parent
- the Social Worker preparing the birth mother
- the facilitated contact
- Jannie de-briefing with her adoptive mother
Some of the issues raised for discussion are:
- Is this contact in Jannie’s best interest?
- What messages does the contact convey?
- Could a supervisor intervene?
- Would a supervisor make sense of the contact without knowing Jannie’s history?